Monday, April 23, 2007

Vambahttu Thingalu (9 Months)

Vambatthu Thingalu(9 Months)
----------------------------
Hmmm !
Yeah!! "9 MONTHS" its really a long time .. really really a long time ...
The last nine months have been full of pain , realisation , difficulties , troubled mind, negativity, dropping faith about life , not being open to change in life ; the zeored out confidence of getting life and happiness at the end.
Yeah I think it was the worst patch in my career where things did not work as I expected, though I put all my heart and soul into what I did , so that I did not give any chance to someone to point fingers at me, but the situations somehow always proved to be helpful for others who kept on taking advantage and credit of almost all the work I did.
Time and again I tried not to think how the other person was trying to get things done from me without giving the credit to me , tried moving ahead without wasting time thinking about the mounting pressure on me, dedicating 24*7 hours trying to give quality work and figuring out how do I make the other person realise my importance of the work what I did.

Now whom do I blame for the situation , the person who was majorly responsible for the choas that was created at my work or blame myself .
Hmm ! may be I am at fault to the maximum because
I always readily accepted my mistakes though they were not completely because of me alone, did not ever point the other persons mistakes.
did not realise that one needs to sell themselves by showcasing the work they did no matter how big or small it would have been
did not make the other person realise his shortcomings and tried always boosting the person
Tried to give a helping hand to the other person
Tried not to hurt any body
Oblige to orders etc etc....

I did all these things thinking that if I worked hard, without being selfish ,complete as much work possible , stop pointing fingers at others...
it would help me improve personally and yes it did, at the end of which I used to have satisfaction , but self satisfaction is not the only thing that matters, when u see that u are being ignored no matter any amount of great and good work u do , "IT HURTS, VERY BADLY".....and it hurts more when u see someone else in the same team who does the same work gets credit , recognistion "ITS FEELS LIKE HELL"..

I thought I will prove myself no mater at the cost my health took up more work , did not depend on anybody for any kind of help, produced quality results on time , but I think it was effort that was done all in vain. It was time for me to make some bold decision and yes " I DECIDED TO QUIT "...

I took sometime to understand that there was no point working there anymore, I think I took a lil more time to understand this.
Well intially I was very reluctant to take this step , did not know how do I proceed, what work I should look for etc etc..
But once I started it took sometime for things to fall in place...

This is the time when I realised that there were very very few people who were really concerned about me and my worries..
I got to know that the people who came and shared their problems , asked for some sugesstions are least bothered with my problems and concerns...
Yes I would like to stress our parents and siblings are the only people who will really support us , no matter what we would have done to them ..
hmm ! I got the opportunity to get to know those REAL FRIENDS who would really be with me always.
The most important thing that was lacking in me was "CONFIDENCE AND FAITH" in myself , I believe these are the two important things without which not a simple and small thing can be accomplished.
This was the time I became inclined towards spirtuality , it does not mean till then I did not believe in God , it was just that I realised where I went wrong in getting connected to Almighty God.
Those people who were really concerned about me asked to have faith in God and for once stop thinking negative and give the reins of my life to him , though i was very apprehensive in accepting what they said , but yes it worked WONDERS for me.
Yes he knows whats better for me and will always give THE BEST , I might have asked what I WANT but he awarded me the better things I DESERVED :D ..
I am very greatful to my GOD, my mom , my siblings and those friend who supported me greatly , had they not been there , I would had have not been able to get to the place where I am today.

Yes hardwork + effort + intention + faith in God + support from family and REAL friends was the reason for me to get to a better place where I am today where the work is more chanllenging and I am happy with the monetary increment I got( which was not at all a criteria for me).

I think that the kind of situations that were created in my previous workplace were for all good reasons, otherwise I would have never thought of leaving the work ( which I liked so much) and the organistation . I would have not realised my value outside .I WAS POURED WITH OFFERS. I could not believe myself.

Yeah the 9 months was testing phase in my life and made me clear about the faces and facts of life.I am truly happy that I came across certain situations very early in life...I have learnt a LOT of things during the course of time ...
"Time and again I have realised that whatever happens in ones life has some good reason behind it " .

There are many things I realised and I would like to share it with you , its really imp to
Take life as it comes .
Realise that nothing is permanent , even the bad times will pass away quickly :).
Ever cloud will has a silver lining.
Theres a new bright morning waiting to fade away the darkness.
Put ur effort in the right place and at right time , and yes ofcourse dont forget to bring it to the fore, dont ever think that others will identify u and recognise u , make it loud and clear of ur efforts that u have put and the work u have accomplished.
You need to be at right place at the right time , working with the right set of people.

Last but not the least " HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND URSELF" , it will work wonders. :D.

Yeah ! I know all the things in life is not a CAKE WALK , I have new responsibilities and new challenges which I need to achieve , but I think and hope to meet them without repeating the mistakes I did previously.

Of late I have been reading in the papers that employees are leaving/changing organistation because of their boss , Yes i agree to that , bcs I am the leaving example :D.

I know, I shared something with the whole world which is suppose to be kept to oneself ,although not a good feeling to share with others, but I thought my experience will help someone in a similar situation to know that there are many people who have gone through similar kind of situations and there is no reason to loose heart and have patience and wait for ur turn for good things.


As always Keep Smiling,
DD :D.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ganeshkumar :) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Sachin Pakhanavar said...

Very well said...
I have gone thru similar things...
Once of our senior VP says, do good and talk about it...If we are just silent, then the good work you did just disappears!

~Sachu

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home